Wednesday 27 November 2013

Tadao Cern

I wanted to look at some portraits which completely went against the stereotypical stock portraits that I had looked at when researching existing backing paper. I looked at one of my favourite photographers Tadao Cern as I knew that he often incorporated humour into his portraits. Shown below is some images from a photo set he did called 'Blow Job.'




To create these photographs Cern fired powerful blasts of wind into peoples faces to distort them. The photographs that were taken would have been normal portraits if it weren't for this wind. I would love to use portraits with a slight humorous twist to them within my final pieces as I feel they would capture attention much more than the cliche portraits that are often used on frame backing paper.



0 comments:

Post a Comment