Tuesday 26 November 2013

Photo Frame Research


I went into various stores, Clas Ohlson, TK Maxx and Wilkinsons, to look at backing paper designs. I found that the backing paper often changed depending on the style and price of the frame. After looking at lots of different frames I realised that although they were all different images and designs they all either used very simple vector graphics with information about the frame or cliche stock images, very often in black and white. The backing paper usually depicted flowers, repeated prints, groups of people who seemed impossibly happy or images of famous pieces of architecture. Looking at these stereotypical images gave me some ideas. I thought that it would be interesting to completely defy these stereotypes or to make a joke about them.




















0 comments:

Post a Comment