Saturday 2 May 2015

OUGD501 - Physical COP outcome Idea

I spent a lot of time considering different outcomes for the physical part of my Context of Practise brief. I wanted to redesign something that legally has to be printed as my essay is about the relevance of print design in the modern day. I considered redesigning NHS medical forms but found that it was difficult to get my hands on these without actually being ill. When I did see a sample form I realised that the design already fit the purpose. Obviously there were improvements that I could make but not enough to warrant a complete redesign. I also looked at diabetes log books but after speaking to a nurse at my local practise I discovered that the majority of patients keep track of their insulin levels digitally, which completely goes against the whole purpose of the project.





A friend suggested looking at birth certificates and this led me on to looking at marriage and death certificates also. The design of all of these was absolutely dire and a complete redesign would make sense. Names for the project such as life on paper, life in print and life documents sprung to mind. I feel this has a lot of potential to be a really nice project.



I also considered looking at redesigning driving licences and prescription forms as part of the project. I am unsure whether to include them or not, I feel it may unnecessarily complicate the project. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment