Tuesday 15 October 2013

Kokoro & Moi (research)




I came across this work by a creative agency in Finland called Kokoro & Moi. The publication displayed above showcases a typeface named 'Yo Freckles.' The typeface was intended to be playful. It would not work as body copy but it was intended as a titling typeface and i think in this format the combination of variety in the letters could be really effective. I was worrying about making sure that my letters work as a set before seeing this. This project made me realise that letters don't all have to take really similar forms to work well together.
Each glyph within this typeface was designed by somebody different as the project was intended to bring open design and collaborative design to typography, something which is not often done. Looking at this typeface really inspired me as each character gave me new ideas of how to play with the way certain characters are formed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment